Amazing Three Bed Conservation Area Project
Gellatly Rd, New Cross, SE14
- Victorian Terrace
- Three Double Bedrooms
- Renovation Project
- 85' West/South Facing Garden
- Telegraph Hill Conservation Area
- Great Local Schools
- Excellent Transport Links
- 1348 Sqf / 124 Sqm
- No Onward Chain
Gellatly Rd forms the Western edge of the Telegraph Hill Conservation Area, and in amongst the parade of uniformed two storey Victorian terraces is this gem. Coming to the open market for the first time, and under the stewardship of the same family since the 1950's, she really is a diamond of a house.
The layout is traditional and true to the original design: Two high-ceilinged reception rooms, the front with lovely bay windows, and the rear with French doors to the side return, a dining room, with side bay windows, leading to the kitchen, all on the ground floor.
The stairs lead us up to the very generous third bedroom and bathroom then it's up to the top landing hosting the wide master bedroom and second bedroom. There's a great sized loft above, convertable subject to the usual consents.
The garden stretches back some 85' and the Western orientation leans slightly South too. The outside loo is still in situ and there is a lean to and potting shed.
Gellatly Rd lies at the North West corner of Telegraph Hill, and is SO well connected for transport with Nunhead, Queens Rd and New Cross Gate stations, putting London Bridge, Victoria, The Ginger Line and Jubilee connections all within easy reach.
Families have a choice of local school options, with Edmund Waller and Hollydale Primaries and Aske's Secondary & Free school all nearby.
Nunhead Lane is just around the corner, and is fast becoming the trendy local shopping area, with an array of independent and artisan shops including an amazing fishmonger, bakers, butchers, craft beer shop and cafes - very 'Villagey'. There's also a recently redeveloped kids play area on Nunhead Green.
Telegraph Hill is home to the two brilliant parks, with fabulous cityscape views, tennis courts and picnic area in the top park, and the skate park, toddlers play area, ponds etc in the lower. There's also the Hill Station Community Cafe, which plays host to lots of pop up events and restaurants.
The house is offered chain free and will provide an excellent opportunity to restore a fine period property and build your own equity.
- £525,000 Guide PricePeriod Conversion I 2 Double Beds I Separate Kitchen/Diner I South Facing Private Garden I 50% Share Of Freehold I Hatcham Park Conservation Area I Chain Free I 732 Sqf / 68 Sqm I Bathroom with Natural Light I Excellent Transport Links I ***Stamp Duty Paid BY Seller On Offers Over £510,000***
- £675,000 Guide PricePeriod Conversion I Three Bedrooms I Upper Floors I Separate Kitchen/Diner I Basement Store with Planning I Private Section of Garden I Long Lease I Excellent School Options I Great Transport Links I Telegraph Hill Conservation Area