Gorgeous 1 Bed Garden Flat With No Chain
Gellatly Rd, New Cross, SE14
- Period Conversion
- Double Fronted
- 1 Double Bedroom
- Exclusive South Facing Garden
- Share Of Freehold
- Chain Free
- Modern Fitted Kitchen
- Crisp White Bathroom with Natural Light
- Excellent Transport Links
- Close To Green Space
Ground floor garden flat within double-bay-fronted Victorian end of terrace, close to Nunhead's High street, Nunhead Green and Telegraph Hill's lovely parks. With fast links into Central London (18 minutes to Victoria and Blackfriars and eight minutes to London Bridge), Nunhead and Queens Road Peckham stations are just a seven or ten minute walk away. The property benefits from a share of the Freehold plus its own front door, and we can't overplay the loveliness of its own private garden with direct access from the bedroom. It stretches almost 45 feet and faces south. Parking is unrestricted on the street currently.
The property has a flexible layout in that the bedroom and reception can be swapped to preference; the current owner uses the bay-fronted front room as the reception room. This is on your left from the hall. Plantation shutters to the lower panes of the sash windows and built-in shelving are welcome features here. To your right of the front door is a modern fitted kitchen with solid wood counters and again, plantation shutters in the bay. Moving through the flat, next on your right is a neat bathroom with white suite and over bath shower. This room has frosted windows to one wall, cleverly borrowing light from the large bedroom that sits adjacent.
The bedroom with south-facing double-glazed door is over 13 feet by over 10. You open onto a paved garden section then you have a large lawned area with well-established borders and even a vegetable patch. As well as being sunny it is really pretty out here as you border more gardens on all sides.
Your closest stations give you the Overground, Southern, Southeastern and Thameslink services. That's central journeys covered. The village-like feel of Nunhead Green is just a short stroll away with its butchers, fishmongers, bakery, wine shop and deli as well as a host of pubs, cafes and restaurants. We like newcomer El Vermut, and established staples Babette and Four Hundred Rabbits in Nunhead, and Kudu, Beer Rebellion, and Blackbird Bakery by Queens Road Peckham Station. Peckham Bazaar is a little further but easily-walkable, and Browns is a perfect stop for a coffee as is Parlez for brunch if heading Brockley way. The centres of Peckham, New Cross and East Dulwich are also close for more options.
Tenure: Share of Freehold
- Under Offer
- Share of Freehold
- £525,000 Guide PricePeriod Conversion I 2 Double Beds I Separate Kitchen/Diner I South Facing Private Garden I 50% Share Of Freehold I Hatcham Park Conservation Area I Chain Free I 732 Sqf / 68 Sqm I Bathroom with Natural Light I Excellent Transport Links I ***Stamp Duty Paid BY Seller On Offers Over £510,000***
- £675,000 Guide PricePeriod Conversion I Three Bedrooms I Upper Floors I Separate Kitchen/Diner I Basement Store with Planning I Private Section of Garden I Long Lease I Excellent School Options I Great Transport Links I Telegraph Hill Conservation Area